Monday, July 11, 2011

Kai Nagata

A young man here in Canada has recently caused quite a stir. I'm pretty jealous, since my own blog here has been mostly read by Americans, even though I've been trying to get the word out to Canadians that our country is in serious trouble right now.
Kai Nagata is a young reporter (only a little older than me), so I guess he has a bit more exposure on his side here in Canada than I do.

He decided he had to quit his job, at 24, on principal, based on what he saw going on in Canada's main newsmedia. Real, important journalism that brings the people of this country what they need to know, like the fact that the crime rate has been decreasing even though Harper is building more and bigger prisons, has been suborned on TV to cheesy entertainment.
Kai explained his resignation in a long, 3000 word blogpost, describing the sorry state of the media here and the problems of the country that he was not allowed to report on.
Luckily, his words have reached a multitude of Canadians. His explanation is long (a habit I share when posting stuff online), but VERY worth reading in its entirety.

 Right here: http://kainagata.com/2011/07/08/why-i-quit-my-job/

I posted on these exact issues several days ago (I started writing the post on June 30th, hoping to post on Canada Day, but couldn't get it done until July 4th).

No comments:

Post a Comment